Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Electric radiant...ugh!

Jack
Jack Member Posts: 1,047
Have been in the house for seven months now and time to start the re-model. Bathrooms then kitchen. Currently heating the house with Fujitsu mshp and two Rinnai Energysavers. How could I do anything else;)

The bathrooms are small and I need to power them somehow and electric in-floor radiant may be the answer, although I hate even thinking of elec resistance heating. What have you used that has worked? What to stay away from?

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Jack
    Ugh!!!!

I guess everyone agrees with that;)
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I've never used this stuff before, but if I had to do electric floors...

It is made of a brass screen. It has a clamping device for each end of the "grid", and comes with step down transformers. THe nice thing about it is that if you nail or staple the grid, with it being a parallel set of circuits, it does not significantly affect the ability to deliver heat. Compared to something like the Watts system, that is a series circuit, once blown the whole circuit goes dead, and then life sucks...

The brass product is called Heatizon warm floors, and can be seen at www.heatizon.com

Let us know how it goes.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Jack
    Thanks Mark!

I really don't like the thought of anything electric, other than my mshp ;), Oh, and maybe, in view of your recent post, radiant windows. Since posting it appears that the remodel is expanding so other options may come in to play once she tells me what I'm building. I am replacing every window in the place. I may need an Airstream to live in for a while
  • Pat_11
    Pat_11 Member Posts: 49
    Calorique peel and heat

Check out Calorique electric radiant. Peel and heat is ideal for under tile. Top sheet is a anti- fracture membrane that thin set can be directly applied to. Electric is a thin film sandwiched between adhesive layer. Stock mats available or custom mats can be ordered.

www.calorique.com

Other options in a bath with a large heat loss would be electric in ceiling to suppliment the floor. Electric radiant has it's place. And with the cost of natural gas and heating oil electric is a viable option to consider in certain areas and situations.
  • Pat_11
    Pat_11 Member Posts: 49
    Calorique peel and heat

Check out Calorique electric radiant. Peel and heat is ideal for under tile. Top sheet is a anti- fracture membrane that thin set can be directly applied to. Electric is a thin film sandwiched between adhesive layer. Stock mats available or custom mats can be ordered.

www.calorique.com

Other options in a bath with a large heat loss would be electric in ceiling to suppliment the floor. Electric radiant has it's place. And with the cost of natural gas and heating oil electric is a viable option to consider in certain areas and situations.
This discussion has been closed.