Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viega

Hi everyone my name is eric I'm an electrician by trade and recently had an addition done to expand my kitchen.currently I have an air handler with a hydro coil for my main source of heat ,and decided that since we were doing tile on the floor that radiant heat to warm the floor would be nice.we had the plumber install 2 loops one did the existing house and one did the addition ,since they have two separate basements he figured it would be easier to install two loops .i think 1 loop was around 250 feet and the other about 150 .i have a viega manifold installed about 20 feet from the boiler with a grundfos pump ,wirsbo promix 101,a tekmar 3 way mixing valve with motorized actuator , a floor sensor in the kitchen floor with a tekmar stat,all this is fed by a 5 year old BURNHAM boiler the problem I am having is severe expansion ,we used extruded joist trak plates from viega and I helped him install and we installed them exactly to Spec.we have played around with the wirsbo pro mix settings and different pump speeds and still have the noise .from reading these forums it seems everyone here is very knowledgable and as wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction

Comments

• furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Temperature

What temperature is the mixer set for?

And is it the tubing moving or something else?
  • ecelectric
    ecelectric Member Posts: 6
    Viega

It was set to 110 and since lowered it to 100 but my kitchen floor sounds like a bowl of rice crispier, I have the viega extruded aluminum joist track installed from undernieth the floor. The floor is comfortable it's just the noise
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Did you use...

viega tubing? sounds more like Rehau tubing w/ that funny OP2 barrier. That was loud. Was there enough slack in the turns to allowed for expansion? Is the system programmed to run as bang on bang off w/o outdoor reset>... that would allow for slower ramp ups and less expansion.
  • ecelectric
    ecelectric Member Posts: 6
    Viega

It has outdoor reset with telemark mixing valve with actuator as far as I can see everything was done per viegas install PDF from there website
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    doesn't sound it....

if the design temp is around 110F and you say that what you are getting for temps running through the piping...where in March are we seeing design day temps? Should be more like 80F.... Was there a heatloss done? What tubing brand is in the plates? What size tubing? Do you have some pictures of the install? the piping? The mixing setup....?
This discussion has been closed.