Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

boiler size?

2»

Comments

• Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    They Say

"Manages 2 separate reset curves for high and low temperature zones". I would say your radiant classifies as a low temperature zone. I haven't been able to pull up the I &O manual online. I'd contact the manufacturer and get it before making up your mind. Knowledge is power.
  • Paul48
    Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
    Lambda Pro

The way I understand it, you tell the unit what type of gas you are using, and it monitors and optimizes based on that. I'm asking about the possibility of a catastrophic failure, leading to the unit attempting to adjust itself to the wrong gas.What safeties are there to prevent that?
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited March 2012
    Coding

I've had boilers run for months where the contractor forgot to go into the coding and tell the boiler he was using LP. If combustion ran outside the paramters it would lock out the burner. fault code would lead you to a combistion problem.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • wrxz24
    wrxz24 Member Posts: 301
    TT reset curves

Just got the installation manual and user manual  from TT and it does have two reset curves for both a high temp and low temp HC plus DHW priority.  The trimax control looks fairly straight forward and i guess there are 6 preset curves in there to meet most applications.  
This discussion has been closed.