Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1 pipe steam

RJ_4
RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
My laptop  crashed, lost alot of good stuff.  Does anyone know the link that showed a prefabbed storage tank ( 8 inch round carbon steel pipe with welded end caps)  It is piped in to hold excess water.  It was an alternative to a boiler feed pump.  I think it was an old Weil Mclain piping Schematic.

Thanks  RJ
RJ

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Reservoir Tank

Hi- Not sure if this is the one you are looking for but  I've attached a pdf of the Weil McLain reservoir tank. I looked into these and as I remember it seemed  using a 5 gal. bladderless expansion tank was a better deal from both the water volume and cost.

- Rod
  • RJ_4
    RJ_4 Member Posts: 484
    1 pipe

Thanks,  thats it,   you were a great help.

RJ   
    RJ
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    reservoir tank

if you occasionally run low on water, while steaming, make sure it is not due to high pressure blowing the water up higher in the returns than it should be.

you need a good low-pressure gauge to do this. you can perhaps see whether the water drop follows a pressure increase, and as you can probably heat every radiator with a couple of ounces, then use a vaporstat to keep it there. you will need very good main [not radiator] venting to avoid short-cycling at these low pressures.--nbc
This discussion has been closed.