Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

lwco/water feeder 47-2

Options
smn
smn Member Posts: 7
hi There, im new to this site... I have a weil Mclain boiler EGH-105 and i want to add a secondary LWCO. I have a PS 802-24 installed on it and i tried to install another one but i have no tappings in the boiler where to install it.. my question is can I install the model 47-2 lwco/feeder since its a 120V and my system its a 24V... and if so how to wire it? Any help is greatly apreciated, thanks

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    110V LWCO

Wire the lwco through the line voltage before the 24V transformer , just after the service switch ...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • smn
    Options
    110v LWCO

Hi there,,, thanks for your reply...can you tell me which wires goes to what on the feeder.... theres the C , N.O and N.C
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    LWCO

Common and Normally Closed ... Always check your work
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • smn
    edited March 2012
    Options
    lwco

oh ok... so basically the LWCO/Feeder 47-2 will cut the main supply to the transformer if the water gets to a low point or when flushed and it will feed the boiler,,, but who fires the burner is the other LWCO that is installed on the boiler already. Did i get it right?
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    NO

Is this a steam boiler?
  • smn
    Options
    yes steam boiler

yes steam boiler
  • furnacefigher15
    furnacefigher15 Member Posts: 514
    Options
    See the link

http://completewatersystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/1461.pdf

This water feeder / LWCO does not require power to operate.

The switches for LWCO can be used with any voltage you have, as long as the electric load on the switch does not exceed 120V at 10.2 A , or 240V 5.1A

The switch used to shut down the boiler should be wired in series with another safety, such as the pressure control on the boiler.

The water feed function is strictly mechanical, and will feed water any time the float drops to a set level, the farther the float drops, the more it will feed.

Please be aware that the level at which the control is mounted on your boiler is extremely critical. Find the manual for your boiler, or call them to consult.

If you feel in over your head, please call a professional.
This discussion has been closed.