Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

3/8 branch pex manifolds?

all the simple premade copper manifolds I can find locally or on the internet are 3/4 inlet with 1/2 branches.  I've got some smaller rooms and bathrooms done with 3/8" pex and I set up the ends to converge for a manifold but can't find one in 3/8".  I can get 1/2x3/8 branch tees no problem and I've crimped jobs like this together before, but I like the premade copper manifolds and I'm wondering if anybody has ever found any with 3/8" branches.

thanks,

brian

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    did you check out

Watts?  I use them with 3/8 pex.
    steve
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    watts up

steve,

thanks Steve.   if you downoad the .pdf and dig in the watts catalog they are there, but nothing comes up on an internet search in terms of drilling down to that part or even knowing they have one, so I'm glad someone knew.  You get hundreds of hits for 3/4x1/2 but not a thing for 3/8x.  When I put 3/8 in the searcn, I would keep getting pages that had 3/4x1/2 manifolds but also had a 3/8 fitting of some other sort on the page.

I get that 1/2" is the popular loop size and certainly the majority of what I use, but I'm surprised it is virtually impossible to find anyone marketing a 3/8 manifold.  i'll get with a wholesaler on monday and see if I can get a couple of the watts ones in.  or one of the 4' cut a length versions.

thanks again.

brian
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2012
    Right church, wrong pew

You have the right one. You can use both 1/2 & 3/8. You just need the right compression fittings. When I get home I'll crawl into the crawl space and get you the right #.

Edit: found an old Invoice should be--3/4" x 3/8" compression, SST20-10
    steve
This discussion has been closed.