Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McLain bulletin AE-8403

Duff
Duff Member Posts: 61
Has anyone got a bulletin put out by weil mcLain AE-8403??? It pretains to "reservoir Pipe" for a steam boiler. It's a 8inch pipe used on a steam return that is very slow. I was curious about the sizing and the recomended piping layout. Thanks

Comments

• crash2009
    crash2009 Member Posts: 1,484
    Yes

I have a bulletin that describes what you ask.  Not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for. but here it is. 
  • Duff
    Duff

Thanks crash for your help....stay warm.
  • crash2009
    crash2009 Member Posts: 1,484
    Yer welcome

This room is pretty warm.
  • Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Better Reservoir Drawing

Hi-   This is the up to date Weil-McLain manual and the detail of the drawing and instructions on page 16 seems to be a bit clearer.  Finding an 8 inch threaded pipe nipple may be a bit tough as the biggest I've seen readily available are 6 inch.

As Crash mentioned, I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. If you are getting slow condensate return I would check that your wet return is not clogged up and clean or replace it before thinking about installing a reservoir.

- Rod
  • Duff
    thanks for the help

thanks Rod I was just wondering about that reservoir for the next time I'm looking at a job. It's so important to read the manufactures installation guide. I just hate surprizes. Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.