Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

no monoflo Tee problem?

So I have finished plumbing a 9 zone house I am renovating.  The plumber that designed the system did not use Monoflo Tees.  Not sure they are needed.  When I asked him, he wasn't sure either.  Unfortunately it is all done.  Though not all of the walls are closed in.   The system is using 3/4 copper.  I am planning on using variable speed pumps for each zone.

I am using a return loop and supply loop. 

I am using all Runtal Radiators.

Do I need Monoflo Tees?

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    edited November 2011
    Piping Arrangement

Your wording is a little vague. When you say that you're using a supply loop and a return loop, that implies parallel piping and there would be no need for monoflo Tee's in such a system. A monoflo system is also known as a "one pipe system", whereas a parallel system is two pipes.

Can you post a diagram or some pics? How are you controlling this system?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • SteveinVA
    SteveinVA Member Posts: 2
    Haven't worked out controls.

The system has two lines.  One line (supply) has a branch for each inlet.  with the supply line terminating in the last radiator in the zone.  The return loop has a branch for each outlet on each radiator.  I can't post a diagram at this time.

I'm the builder so I am not to familiar with these things.  The customer asked me about the monoflo Tees and I was trying to give an unbiased answer.  The plumber that designed it is a hydronic guy, so hopefully it is correct.  The plumber that installed usually only deals with house plumbing not hvac. 

Thanks
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Not Monoflo

It's parallel, not monoflo. Just curious, where in VA are you?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Eric_32
    Eric_32 Member Posts: 267
    Regular tees are ok...

But for even heat thru each emitter, the first one on the supply should be the last to return and vise versa, they will all heat even and at the same time that way, called "reverse return system".

If you supply and return the closest emitter to the boiler first and the furthest away last guess how the system will heat up? Water will take the easiest path first, always.

How many emitters are on the zone?
This discussion has been closed.