Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil Mclain boiler help.

Options
Grizz
Grizz Member Posts: 1
Im having an issue with the motorized damper system.  I have a Weil McLain CG gas boiler,  self installed in 1992.  The issue at present is that the damper is not operating correctly.  The two position switch on the effikal damper motor,  one for hold and one for automatic.  The safety feature for ignition is operating correctly as the boiler will only ignite when the damper is in the open position.  When the damper is in the automatic position,  the damper will continue to spin around until placed into hold.  So the only way I can get the boiler lit is to place it in open position.  If I place it back into automatic when the boiler is running,  it will operate until temp is reached and shuts off,  the damper will return to closed,  but will not open on its own when there is a call for heat.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    One of the switches

on the damper has malfunctioned. That is a power to open/power to close damper. So once it is open it will work but when it closes it will not open again automatically. Effikal no longer makes those they are now distributed by Field Controls. You will need a new damper I am afraid.
This discussion has been closed.