Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for an installer of a Gas Steam Boiler in NYC (Queens)

Options
GRod
GRod Member Posts: 10
Hi,

So I'm in the process on getting a new boiler (current one is rusty and its like 25 yrs old). Been doing research and looks like the Intrepid S/F boiler is a good one. Question is, is there anyone that can recommend of an installer that will install that particular unit (I believe is a modification that needs to be done on the Intrepid for Gas).

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Use "Find a Contractor"

Hi- Go to the top of this page to the "Find a Contractor " Section. Scroll down past the Zip Code section to the States and see if there is a pro located near you.

There are some very good guys listed there.

- Rod
  • GRod
    GRod Member Posts: 10
    Options
    S/F Galaxy

Actually, after some consideration, I'm no longer interested on the Intrepid with the Gas gun. Eventough it migh be more efficient, it might be too loud. So now I'm down to the Galaxy Series. My concern is that there is not much of feedback on this unit as compared to the Weil-Mclain , Burham or Peerless Units.

Does anyone have any more good or bad comments about the S/F galaxy unit?
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    Which boiler to install?

I suggest that the important choice would not be the boiler first, but rather the installer. He will suggest a boiler with which he is familiar, and comfortable with. His distributor will be local so that spare parts and warranty are available quickly.

When you do a search here, on the find a pro button, search for his name on this site to see if he has posted anything, and read anything he has written. He may not be the cheapest installer around, but hopefully he is one of the better ones, because you will really be in partnership with him for a long time, as he he continues to help you take care of your system.--NBC
This discussion has been closed.