Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Purefire

FernandoF
FernandoF Member Posts: 2
I have a Peerless Purefire Boiler (3-years-old) that is omitting a gas smell, between the gas shut-off valve and the burner. I have checked for leaks on all of the joints, and no leaks are present. Even if the boiler is idle, the smell still exists. The smell only goes away, it I close the gas shut-off (which is why it's between the gas shut-off valve and the burner). Would anyone know what else could be going on here?

Thank You

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Did you check the

tail screw on the gas shut off? How did you test for leaks? I hope it was with a soap and water solution using a brush to wet-down the fittings then looking for bubbles. Please no open flames to test for leaks. If the smell persist call the local gas company and have them do a survey with a well calibrated instrument for detecting gas leaks.
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    Stainless steel flair fittings

There are flair fittings on the flexable line inside the unit. It takes some oomph to get them tight.

-Andy
  • FernandoF
    FernandoF Member Posts: 2
    Maintenance

I am using a Gas Detector, and it's not showing any leaks.  The smell seems like it's coming from the gas valve.  I plan to do a cleaning on this boiler today, since it's been three years that the customer has it, wihtout any maintenance being performed.  Those flare fittings were one of the first things I checked.
This discussion has been closed.