Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

T&P popping off

anziconda
anziconda Member Posts: 6
   I'm a plumbing contractor that has recently been doing fanny may repos.   It is difficult because many of the systems have been frozen or are completely dry and I have to get them running again.   One system that is a mixed baseboard/radiant system has popped the t&p after I got it running for about a week.   To get it running, I replaced the old t&p, and the fast fill which was overpressuring the system.   Purged it out and it seemed to run fine.   2 weeks later I get a call that the t&p popped early this morning...I plan on checking the expansion tank(I made sure it has air in the bladder, just didn't verify psi)   just asking for other suggestions on a random t&p popping off.   Thanks in advance for any help!!

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Does

It have a coil in the boiler? Could be a small leak over filling the boiler. Could just be your expansion tank has about 4lbs in it and needs to be recharged (I recommend replacing it)..
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    ditto

sounds like a bad extrol tank. Check high limit setting, but sounds like pressure only problem. Did it freeze up? That will usually do the tank in
This discussion has been closed.