Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rudd rheem heat not kicking on

Mustang01
Mustang01 Member Posts: 3
Hi, i have mod#UGDG-10EAMER A few months ago the basement flooded and I had to replace the control board because the blower wouldnt kick on for the a/c... So I replaced it with a new board though some of the connections were in different places it fix the problem... And now that we tried to turn on the heat but it won't kick on... The power and status lights on fine... I hear the relays kick but nothing... If I disconnect the thermal limit or manually trip it... both fans kick on but the igniter doesn't... Any ideas...

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    flooded

How much of the unit was flooded? If the gas valve was under water it will need to be replaced. Manufacturer recommends any unit that is submerged be replaced..
  • Mustang01
    No heat

Well it was only about a foot but enough to touch the blower and the control board.. The blower was fine but the board burnt out because the a/c was on when the basement flooded... Water never got to the burner nor gas valves(far from it) Once I replaced the board the a/c worked fine but never tried to heat until no... And seems like the 2 fans kick on only when the thermostat is no connected or tripped which in essence it's the same thing... When it's disconnected the status like flashes 3 times to tell u there is an issue.. In it's connected and not tripped the status light and power light are both on but nothing happens...
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    sounds like

a wiring issue. If you still have the installation instructions for the replacement module I would go back over your wiring. Sounds like something is in the the wrong spot or not connected...
  • Mustang01
    Wiring

Yes that was my thought swell but I don't have the instructions anymore but I am working on having the company to send me another set of instructions
This discussion has been closed.