Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please help me turn off my radiator. Thank you!!

Hi,

I'm attaching some photos of my radiator. I can't figure out what might be the valve to turn down the hot water. It is getting very toasty in my room, even with the windows open! Any help is much appreciated. Thanks so much!

Jason

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    toasty room

this appears to be a hot water system. there is a valve on the end which may work, but i suspect the cause is more system-wide, such as a thermostat located in the wrong place [or the wrong thermostat located in the right place]. if this is an apartment, then can you report this to some maintenance person?

has this been a problem before, or is it a new occurrence? something must have changed, and it is wasting energy.--nbc
  • moneypitfeeder
    moneypitfeeder Member Posts: 249
    while not a perfect fix

You can take a crescent wrench to the valve end, ( where it is shaped like a square) and tighten down on that to turn it. However if its hot water, I don't know if you can throttle it, I own a 2 pipe steam sys. so that's all I worried about. If it is indeed a steam system, then it's 2 pipe so you can turn down the supply. If you don't have a crescent wrench, the replacement valve handles are a very inexpensive purchase at many local supply houses.
    steam newbie
This discussion has been closed.