Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The RPA has gone

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
I was somewhat surprised, (but not shocked) that the RPA has apparently shut down. I'm more surprised that there was no official announcement or bulletin. This leaves the hydronic industry without a trade association.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Really???

I knew they were merging with the HIA... Could this be the case?

Losing them completely would be a travesty.

No announcements?

Any board members care to comment?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    I just heard today.....

...that the RPA is gone.  I spoke with Wheels last week and he hasn't heard a thing. 
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Paul Pollets
    Not much interest....

Doesn't seem to be much interest in either what happened or if the organization has any kind of a future by being"adopted" by another trade group. Maybe it's just a sign of the times.
  • Robert O'Brien
    What happened?

What did happen?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    RGST

Radiant Geo Solar Team "how low can U go"

We need the air folks on board, from the get/ go, IAQ cannot be ignored

GEO is a way to involve them

Solar should be required on all new homes or residences, solar thermal is a proven tech. We heat with temperatures below 120F is the motto.

We need a jingle along the lines of the

Anaheim, Azusa, Cucamonga, sewing circle book review and timing association

"Jan & Dean"

Barba can be in charge of that.

The next generation gets it!

Consider the Solar Decathlon going on in Washington. Students build smart, efficient homes knowing COMFORT and operating cost are the key. They incorporate solar, air movement and conditioning. They embrace earth loops or pond, as a large solar storage source.

They are showing us the homes they want to live in and own! We are the purveyors of the systems they are asking for.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Mark Eatherton
    Upward and onward...

For whatever reasons, looks like it is a reality.

Hopefully the new org will learn from previous experience moving forward.

Whatever comes out of this, I stand ready to help in the education department. Still a LOT of need for education out in the field. I see things daily that make the hair stand up on the back of my neck being done by installers who know no better. (non oxygen barrier tube with ferrous components, etc).

I look forward to whatever happens.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I'm wondering.

Is Ted Lowe okay? 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Pollets
    Ted

He's working at a supply house in Utica.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Good.

Thanks, Paul. We have enough people out of work right now. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Ouch

Hurts having authorized the payment of our membership dues and not even getting a notice?

Makes you wonder why join anything
  • Mark Eatherton
    Sounds like the patient is still alive....

Just got an email that the RPA is trying to merge with IAPMO.

More to follow. ..

ME
  • Robert O'Brien
    IAPMO?

Would rather have seen a takeover by a smaller organization,OESP for example. What incentive does IAPMO have to promote radiant?
  • Robert O'Brien
    IAPMO?

Would rather have seen a takeover by a smaller organization,OESP for example. What incentive does IAPMO have to promote radiant?
  • Devan
    Devan Member Posts: 138
    ACCA

Also another email I received today , ACCA (Air conditioning Contractors Assoc.) is adding a Radiant and Hydronics Council (RHC) within the organization .

The first chairman will be Dan Foley, also Sigenthaler, Dave Yates, and Bob Hot Rod Rohr and other contractors will be on an advisory committee.

Which should be a more contractor focused association for the hydronics/radiant industry.

I will miss the RPA, I've been "away" from the RPA for over a year sorry I did not get to see Ted Lowe once again .
  • The best news

Radiant hydronic heating, hydronics in general, electric radiant, and hybrid blends without limits will now be promoted by two diverse organizations with the resources to properly promote the comfort and energy-conservation benefits. I see this as a win/win for everyone.
  • Mark Eatherton
    edited October 2011
    Nice Cache :-)

I look forward to the details. If Siggy's in favor of it, I'm in favor of it.

Ready willing and able to help wherever I can.

ME

PS, I should have said if YOU GUYS (not just Siggy) are in favor of it, I am in favor of it... Didn't want to take away from the breadth and depth of the brain power on the advisors group...

Thanks

ME
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    That makes more sense

And the best part------an excuse to go to Vegas again!
This discussion has been closed.