Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

munchkin 80m fan

Options
marty99
marty99 Member Posts: 1
hello; hopefully someone can advise me on a fan issue for 80M r1 munchkin. just did my fall startup and got an error code E13, F13 checked wiring and powered back up got a relay 'click', disconnected 4 wire connector powered up motor torqued but did not revolved. called my local supply house, saturday of course, had one, took all numbers with me, got it replacement number 7500P-031 instead of 7250P-085. pulled fan, hell of a job and what a huge difference in the two units, now the questions: 1) does the new # use the same adapter plate, 3 screw 4mm mounting-2 screw 5mm on original. 2) swirl plate same.  have had real good luck for 6 seasons with only an occasional rumble. thanks

Comments

• Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Wrong inducer

The 7500P-031 is an inducer for the Contender Boiler, you need the 7250P-85 like you had. I don't believe they're interchangeable Its a lot easier to remover and install a new inducer if you remove the burner assembly with the inducer still attached so you can get to the screws without doing a Helen Keller. I would also replace the swirl plate when you have it apart, I bet its not in good shape. Make sure you're not sucking in exhaust gases too, that causes premature failure of the inducer and swirl plate. If its a concentric vent, its even more likely to suck in exhaust gases when its in low fire especially if its vented into the prevailing wind direction and this eats inducers and swirl plates. Make sure you check combustion with an analyzer after replacing inducer. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.