Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB 162/100

Steve_210
Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
I have a Buderus GB 162/100 and the boiler circulator is making a lot of noise. I have had the rep from the supply house and the Buderus rep there, and the Buderus rep claims it is nothing to worry about. I have a slightly Smaller boiler - a Buderus GB 162/80 we installed less than 1 year ago and it is not making any noise at all. Just wondered if anyone has come across this.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Pump Noise

I don't know who your rep is or how much noise the circ is making, but I would recommend that you address the issue now before you have a breakdown in cold weather.

I'd remove the four Allen screws that hold the circ to the volute and see if there's any debris causing noise. If not, then I'd replace the circ: it's under warranty.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Steve_210
    edited August 2011
    Buderus GB 162/100

I did remove the motor and originally it looked like the impellar was grinding off the body on occasions, so I replaced the motor - same result. I then replaced the whole circulator including the body - still no change.

Thanks in advance
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2011
    description

How about an idea of what kind of noise we are talking? Grinding, water rushing, high speed pitch...Anything may help...Another question, has it alway's made this noise? Has the motor amp been checked? I know you had a boiler rep there, but how about the circ manufacturer, have you contacted them??
  • Ironman
    Some basic things to check

Could the pump be cavitating? Do you have proper pressure on system? All valves open? Flow check valve working?

Could you post a pic of near boiler piping?
    Bob Boan
  • Steve_210
    Video

I can email a video. I can,t seem to post it here. Thanks again
  • Ironman
    Email

Sprinter,

Please send it using the "Contact this user" button. I don't want to post my email publicly. I already get too much spam.
    Bob Boan
  • Steve_210
    Will do

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.