Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

vitodens 200 venting

Options
veissman_Bob
veissman_Bob Member Posts: 48
Can anyone suggest the least expensive way to vent a vitodens 200 up an existing straight masonry flue.  I could use coaxial pipe out the side but I'd rather have vent it idependently up the flue to avoid the plume out the side....just looking for the easiest and most cost effective way to do with readily available material.  Flue is probably about 30 feet total.  Thanks!

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Which Boiler?

Which boiler? WB2B 19,26,35,45,60,80,105? What are you doing for fresh air?
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • veissman_Bob
    veissman_Bob Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Good question....

It's a WB2B-45, I forgot that the max venting runs change based on the boiler size and the vent pipe diameter.  I'd probably pull fresh air in through the side wall because I know concentric for a long length up the chimney would be very expensive.  I could easily go concentric right out the side wall as I'm mounting on an outside wall but I have some windows there that I'd have to watch out for (per code) and I really don't want to see the exhaust shooting out the side of the house if I can cost-effectively avoid it.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Best Way

Is to use the Viessmann Z008 661 Flexible Vent Kit or hard pipe it with PPS for the vent and whatever for the fresh air. Don't forget the dbl pipe adapt is you do it hard pipe.

Flex PPS manual is attached.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Ditto

Chris nailed it,as usual!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.