Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plumbing/ Heating on Long Island

I have a customer who is building a house on Long Island. Does anyone know if New York will reciprocate with either my Massachusetts or New Hampshire Master Plumbers License.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Not likely

Most towns and even some villages all have their own licenses and most aren't reciprocal with the town next door much less another state! Where exactly is the job?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    plumbing /long island

nope,nada ,not a chance.i am actually going for my licence in a town on long island.in my class there was a nyc master plumber and long island would not recognise it.sorry,its a little strange how it all works here which i am beginning to find out,all you can do is get someone to cover you or not take the job.i actually know a plumber who covers people and that is his main source of income but that is a whole different argument and topic which im sure a lot of people would have opinions on,good luck.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    edited July 2011
    Many towns in NY

I come to simply want paid and MA licenses seem to carry some clout. Bob call the town directly.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    long island plumbing

i understand your frustration,but my friend who is licensed in nyc had this problem.whenever he had a job on the island he would get his friend to sign off.he got sick of doing this and got his own licence which involves doing a lead wipe .no harm calling though,good luck.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
    I would be shocked...if any of the towns did

As Jonny said, they won't even reciprocate with NYC which is a very hard and rigorous license to get.  Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.