Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus mixing valve leaks

Options
GW
GW Member Posts: 4,692
I have a new installation about 2 1/2 years old, the mixing halve for the radiant system is leaking a drip here and there out of the shaft of the mixing valve. The vendor says no warranty. can there be rebuilt? I have taked the Viessmann units apart to swap orientation but never a Buderus. Thanks, Gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Greg Maxwell
    Greg Maxwell Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Leaker

Is there anti-freeze in the system, if so, when was the last time the PH was checked. Depending on what Manufacturer the valve is, there may be a repair kit, but if not, you are looking at replacement of the valve. Is there any way to tighten the packing on the valve? some valves will leak this time of year when the temp is taken off.
  • GW
    Options
    ok

Good point, I can not remember if we installed anti freeze (I am not on the jobs all that much), i will ask my installer guy. It's an old farm house with funky additions, so there just may be. 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Greg Maxwell
    Greg Maxwell Member Posts: 212
    Options
    Mixing valve

You should try to make it part of your annual service on systems with anti freeze to check PH, and strength.
  • GW
    Options
    ok

Good reminder

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Mixing Valve

I found it easier to just replace the valve , but I am sure it can be rebuilt . It was put together so it can come apart .. the valve I replace was seazed for lack of use , broken wire at the power source from when it was installed . I was not told of any rebuilding kits. Most heating equipment is is repaired back at the factory in Europe . . Just remember to return it to the same starting point . There is a set point gauge under the motor on the valve body .. I called tech support and they told me to call Charley which it their main field tech ... I can't remember what he told me .. Sorry
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.