Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anything new on the Mod-Con front?

Options
SpeyFitter
SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
Since Lochinvar unveiled their Crest, and their firetube boilers, it's been kinda calm on the new products front lately. I noticed Viessmann Canada recently removed the Vitodens 200 WB2A for sale so they are no longer available, only the WB2B.

I've heard some inklings of exciting products to look forward to in the coming years but does anyone have any knowledge of anything coming down the tubes in the next year or so?

Are we going to see a smaller Vitodens? Anymore Combi Units from any of the manufacturers? Any upgraded or changed products or controls?
Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Hopefully...

SOME one will convince the powers that be (ANSI?) that these gems CAN be turned lower than 20% of their capacity...

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Greg Maxwell
    Greg Maxwell Member Posts: 212
    Options
    AFUE Ratings

This is nothing new, but I believe that manufacturers should also publish how they tested their equipment to get the published ratings. I think it would open a lot of eyes. Things are not always what they appear to be.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Vitodens 100

Keep an eye out in August/Sept for news on the Vitodens 100. Viessmann now has a new Vitodens 200 with an upgraded control and lower turn down avail across the pond. Wouldn't count on the migration here until next year...

"The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks for the resposnes guys...

Chris,  So I take it Viessmann is finally going to bring out the combi add on for the Vitodens 100?  Whatever happened to the reported combi Vitodens 200 with built in tank? Is that coming out sometime soon? I also heard they may be discontinuing the 40 gallon horizontal stainless indirect possibly?

Greg, I agree about the AFUE ratings. I know of one manufacturer who seriously questions the percent of error that some manufacturers may utilize in their published AFUE ratings. I recall something along the lines that there is a way to come up with your AFUE, but you are allowed so many percent of error, and then what some manufacturers will do is up the published rating to the positive side of the error rating. So as an example, if they are allowd plus/minus 3 percent, and their rating comes up as 93%, they'd publish it as 96% or something like that.  Please correct me if you know different.

Mark, perhaps it's dependant on the agency doing the boiler certification, or at least worth checking into anyways; how did IBC recently come out with a 5.75 to 1 on their new SL20-115 boiler that came out last year?
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
This discussion has been closed.