Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT Excellence or Solo 110 with Indirect?

Maverickdk
Maverickdk Member Posts: 3
Any feedback from using the TT Prestige Excellence

I am in the process of replacing my Boiler. The 110 fits my heating needs but the DHW is the main question. Our current demand is pretty small. One bath tube very young kids so I am assuming the Excellence would be a good fit. The question that comes up is about ten years down the road when kids get bigger, showers get longer etc.... So I am am between a solo 110 with smart 40 or the excellence?

Has any one put the excellence in and if so what kind of results.

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    depends.

first, what is your heat load? would the solo 60 do it? that would be better, with an indirect, if so.

I find it's pretty rare for a single shower household to require 100k Boiler. and the excellence is a "one shower at a time" on demand hot water heater, basically, on the potable side. so length of showers don't matter, only the number you are running at a time.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Excellence

isn't on demand. It's a 14 gallon integral indirect w/ tempering valve
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    really?

not much difference there. the 14 gallons is basically a buffer against sandwiches. it doesn't meet any serious demands with storage.

essentially, you have a 3 GPM on demand continuous hot water source with a little storage to improve micro-demand performance. If you want more than 3 GPM, you probably need more than 14 gallons to make any real demand work.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Yes,really!

It''s storing 14 gals of say 180* water. That's a lot of stored BTU's for both good and bad. But to say it's a demand system is factually incorrect,it's standby loss is much higher and it's performance is much better
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • AFred
    AFred Member Posts: 81
    I say solo/indirect

I'll be willing to bet you won't regret the storage. Sooner or later you will need it.

-Andy
This discussion has been closed.