Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What pneumatic staple gun to buy

Bill_18
Bill_18 Member Posts: 13
Hello,  What air powered staple gun are you guys using for your radiant stapling?  I've have a larger job coming up and my manual staplers aren't going to do it. I am not familiar with air powered guns.  How well can you control the depth of the staples?  Do you purchase a different gun for each size of tubing or just use a wide enough staple for a couple of tubing sizes?  This job is 1/2 inch tubing.  Thanks guys.  Have a great day.

Comments

• PEX Staples

I really like the staples and gun made by Peter Mangone in Colorado, the phone number is 800-338-2448. The staples are plastic where they contact the PEX, the price of the staples are reasonable and the pneumatic gun is almost rouble free.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Bill_18
    Bill_18 Member Posts: 13
    Peter Mangone

Thanks Bob,

I have a couple of Peters manual staplers.  They work well for small jobs.  I wasn't aware they sold air powered guns.  I will check it out.  I know some guys use a staple gun sold more for carpentry but works well for radiant stapling as well.  Thanks again.

Bill
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Did you ask...

Did you ask your tubing supplier?  My supplier loans staple guns (you buy the staples of course).  They modify the guns with an attachment that allows you to stand while stapling, and automatically adjusts the depth for 1/2" or 3/8" tubing.  Their attachment works on a few different brand guns.  They'll also loan you an uncoiler
    steve
  • Staplers

Bill, the same staples fit in the pneumatic gun and the hand stapler, this is nice if you just have a small job and don't want to take out the compressor. I think they repair the staplers they sell for free, if you send them back to them.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.