Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

relocating expansion tank

petef
petef Member Posts: 2
Just hoping I can get some input on the location of my expansion tank and whether it should be moved - as I am planning to do tomorrow.

Buderus g124 with circ on boiler output.  Installer had originally placed spirovent, expansion tank and water inlet downstream of pump.

I have been working on adding a DHW zone, zone valves, and an esbe mixing valve on return - which is done, but before I wrap everything up, it seems that my exp. tank (PONPC) should be behind the circ.

The thing is that the only way I have available to do this without major rework is to tee off of where I have my relief valve and run some 1/2" a foot or so to the expansion tank.  So basically - is it permissible to have an exp tank at the output?  I can't really see any reason why not, but just wanted to run it by a pro if possible.  :)

Pete

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    That will work...

Just make sure you don't put any isolation between the boiler and the pressure relief valve, and do not down size the connecting pipe to the relief valve.

You WILL notice a world of difference by moving the PONPC upstream of the pump.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • petef
    petef Member Posts: 2
    thanks Mark

all is well - probably should have moved the water inlet as well, but I've had enough.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.