Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Who sells panel rads in Mass area?

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,691
Hello, we have a bigger rad job, our normal vendor is waiting for a container to cross the pond, I realize Buderus has rads yet I need some 33's, are there other vendors in Mass in case I want to make a road trip? Hydronic Alternative normally has the stock for normal jobs but this is a bigger one and we kinda want to get this job done sooner than later- it's nice to have work after the nasty dormant season.

Thanks, Gary Wilson
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    DiaNorm

Try Heatlines in NH- www.heatlines.com

DiaNorm readiators...identical to the Buderus line.
  • GW
    thanks Paul

I'm being told the container is due in round mid may, if it's running late I will look these people up. 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Runtal

represented by Tunstall Associates in Chicopee. They are made in MA, in Bradford, near Haverhill. Not the cheapest but about the best. While most are custom, they have a stock line of limited styles as you probably know.

My fallback might be Veha, stocked in Tamworth, NH. Very similar to the Buderus and Myson stamped steel style.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    33 series....

are always special orders.Usually 6 weeks minimum. 22 series not as much. and that is for me as I am 1 hour from Londonderry.
  • Thorp Thomas
    Thorp Thomas Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2011
    Biasi Radiators

Try the good folks at QHT in Portsmouth, NH (AKA Biasi North America). They are the importers of Biasi boilers and radiators and have a huge inventory. You can't buy directly from them, but they can make aranement for you pick them up through a local store.

Here's there #  1-800-501-7697 
  • GW
    ok

Thanks all
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Gary you need to find another wholesaler

The folks I am guessing you are dealing with. PSG, maybe, are notorious for poor order follow through. Try Webb, Betts Piping,or Bayststate. Or even Granite supply.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • GW
    yes Charlie

They treat me pretty well in general. On a job like this I am not gonna sit around though; we got stuff to do. I think the building owner would feel better if we don't knock out the steam system just yet anyway, so a couple of weeks is OK. One thing I am wondering about is when they don't have the rads I want I can always pay more for the next bigger rad....I am not sure how I agreed to that arrangement!
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Charlie from wmass
    Why get rid of the steam?

why go with panels?

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • GW
    cast?

I thought about that but the new rads will be bigger considering the btu drop when switching to hw. You talking BB?

This building is an oldie, no insulation in the walls, I am coming up with 12,000 btu for the living room. 33 600-1200

We're gonna store the rads, 48 nice big column style two-pipe rads. We already have one new job we're looking at where we'll be able to unload some of them.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • GW
    ahhh

I missed the first question- the land lord wants the tenants to pay for their own heat. 8 new boilers going in. I started talking to these people 6 years ago about this. It's a classic vapor system, are the parts worth anything? It has a classic looking gauge glass that measures ounces. We may take the vapor parts for souvenirs. 
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Charlie from wmass
    I have a shelf of old gauges

I can not bring myself to through them in the scrap, they look too nice. I can see wanting to separate out utilities. If you were just going to scrap the old radiators I was going to say call me first. I do not move many but I do like to have a few on hand just in case I need one. I would not be too quick to toss the vapor parts.

cell # 413-841-6726
This discussion has been closed.