Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wood burning insert in ny

Options
add
add Member Posts: 94
hi i was wandering if any one knows if is necessary to have the retailer install a wood burning stove in orange cty ny,for insurance and so on and so forth since there isn't to much involved compared to a boiler.thanks in advace.

Comments

• VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Probably yes

Can you install it and get it approved?  It depends on local regulations.  Contact your local building inspections dept and inquire with them. 

Will your insurance  company still cover you?  Most insurance companies require ether certified installers or municipal inspection, and sometimes both.  So you should contact them.  I suggest doing it by E-mail; you can then print off and store the document for future reference.

Weather locally required or not, you should install a full length stainless steel liner into the chimney for ALL air tight wood insert installations.  If it's an older house , you may need a insulated relining system, like the Duraliner system made by Duravent.
    Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
  • add
    add Member Posts: 94
    Options
    thank you

thank you for the info and the answear.
This discussion has been closed.