Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

condensate neatalizer

Dan C.
Dan C. Member Posts: 248
What type of stones are used inside a condensate neatralizer?  I want to start making my own and I don't know what to fill them with.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Crushed marble...

Home Depot, Lowes,

Enter from the bottom, exit from the top. Longer contact times equals better performance.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Dan C.
    Dan C. Member Posts: 248
    Thanks.

That's what I thought.  Wasn't sure though.  Thanks.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    edited April 2011
    Forgot to mention....

While you're there, grab some copper sulphate (Root-X or equal). It keeps the fungal flora at bay (mold), and also keeps roots away from your sewer pipes :-)

I use to have a stoppage from roots in my main every year, but since I've started dosing it with the treated condensate from my modcon, I've not had to rooter the main in 4 years.

Also, depending upon your location, others have used diatomacious earth (sea shells) and or lime stone.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Henry
    Henry Member Posts: 998
    Neutraliser

Here is our home made neutraliser for several Armour AWN500. It is a "Rubbermaid" box that is filled with limestones.

Henry
This discussion has been closed.