Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

taco zone control boxes?

cheeko Member Posts: 2
Is there a difference between a circulator 4 zone control {SR504} and I want to put it on a 6 zone valve control {ZVC406}. Did I buy the wrong Taco valve control box or is it o.k. to wire this the same way the 4 zone is. 



  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,393

    The SR series has 120V outputs for circulators and the ZVC has 24V outputs for control valves. You would fry your valve motors with a 120V output unless they indeed are 120V valve actuators (doubt it, not common).

    I would get the correct control, but suppose if a simple two-wire arrangement, you could use relays and step the voltage back down for each output. I am not that clever and like things simple, so personally, I would do it right with the correct control.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

    -Ernie White, my Dad
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!