Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

My Mom

bill nye_3
bill nye_3 Member Posts: 307
My Mom passed away yesterday. It was sad but also what she wanted. Mom was 80, she had a birthday just a couple of weeks ago. My Dad died over 2 yrs ago, Mom missed him something terrible. They were married 58 yrs.

It was sort of a surprise by how quickly it happened . I talked on the phone with her Sunday. Monday she didn't feel well, Tuesday she was admitted to the hospital, Wednesday morning she passed away in her sleep. She did not want to die at home, she did not want people around her, she did not want to cause a fuss. I guess the good Lord granted her wishes.

She taught first and second grade for almost 25 yrs. She was a very strict Irish Catholic woman with a strong faith. Those kids must have had a very good teacher. I am sure that I did.

The holiday weekend is a tough time to arrange a funeral, it won't happen until next Tuesday. I was holding it together until now, starting to get a little choked up typing this. Mom was truly the person who put others first and would go with out for the sake others.

She had a good run, she was retired almost as long as she worked. Mom and Dad wintered in FLA. and summered in Maine. They did not have a lot but used what they had to the fullest. I hope they are together again. I missed them something awful right now.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    You Have My Condolences, Bill

I lost my dad 35 years ago and mom 11 years ago. Dad would have been 102 last Feb. Mom would now be 98. We're all heading to that great appointment.

Time helps and may God give you comfort.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    sounds like

It sounds like she was one heck of a woman Bill. Rest knowing that both your Mom and Dad are together again and forever hold them in your heart...Thought's to you and your family..

Tom
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Bill,

Please accept my condolences. My prayers go out to you and your family.
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • James Day_2
    James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
    Condolences

Sorry for your loss Bill. Your family will be in our prayers.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Sorry for your loss brother Bill...

She sounded like an angel. I miss my folks every day, and it's been almost 10 years since they've passed.

This too shall come to pass. She's smiling down on your from on high....

Please accept the Eatherton family condolences.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Re: a parent passing

Bill,  I give you my sincerest condolences. I too had almost the exact experience with this 2-1/2 weeks ago. It is not an easy time. My father went into the hospital on friday night and passed away on that monday. He had lost my mother 15 yrs ago and then had found a 2nd love of his lift who passed away appx 3 yrs ago. He really did not want to be alone on this earth anymore. It does get better Bill. The gathering of family and friends helps, looking through all the family photos in boxes and boxes and remembering all the good times you had together and none of the garbage that comes up in daily life is part of it, it is just about the good that your parent did. I found giving the eulogy at my dads graveside service was very mending for me. It was a way to express my respect and love for the big old bear who put up with so much from all of us but still was always there for us and my mom and his 2nd love.  As you think back you will find such a treasure chest of memories that you may have forgotten but suddenly they pop back in your head. It is amazing what happens in times of crisis.  Again sincere condolences and peace to your family. Tim
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    parents passing

Bill, it sounds like a replay of what a lot of us are going through as we get older. Sounds like she was a great lady and I am sure you will miss her. You will be kept in our thoughts and prayers in the days ahead. HE will give you the strenght and the grace to carry out those tasks that need to be done. Be strong and bask in good memories of her life.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    condolences

My thought and prayers to you and your family Bill. I know all too well what it is like to lose a mother. Mine has been gone for nearly 29 years now. It doesn't get that much easier, you just get through it. 
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Bill,

I love the way you told about Mom. It's beautiful. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Ron Jr._3
    Ron Jr._3 Member Posts: 603
    I am very sorry for your loss Bill

She was a great person .
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Sorry for your loss Bill,

I often say earths loss is heavens gain. May you be comforted by our prayers and thoughts for you and your family.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    My condolences, Bill

We accept that our time here is finite, but nothing prepares us for when it happens.

Savor the memories- may she live on through you, your siblings and all of your children.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    So sorry and yet so glad

Sorry about your loss but so happy she did not linger and had her wishes met

Ruthe Jubinville
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    So sorry and yet so glad

Sorry about your loss but so happy she did not linger and had her wishes met

Ruthe Jubinville
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Sorry for your loss, Bill

She may be gone, but the memories last forever. Revel in the good memories.
  • highway
    highway Member Posts: 7
    RIP

My sincere condolences to you and your family. I have to admit I began to choked up reading your post. Rest in peace.
This discussion has been closed.