Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Raupanel

Options
Big Will
Big Will Member Posts: 396
The numbers sound great. Its expensive but few good products come cheep. My vendor has been talking it up for a while. The only thing that concerns me is noise. I am worried about the aluminum expanding a lot and making noise. Also the floor contact is only the edges of the aluminum plates and the little aluminum runner. This seems like it might flex and also make noise. Just looking for some feed back. Thanks

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    Options
    it's a very high performance product

but we have seen noise in some installations. My gut suspicion is that it was installed paralell with the floor joists and the give in the subfloor caused it to rub. but I can't prove it.

there are many with noiseless installations out there so I'm not saying the product is bad. Just that it requires more thought in the install, apparently.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Small Job

We just finished a 200 square foot project where I wanted to use QuikTrak, but my supplier was out of some of the panels.  They had plenty of Raupanel and we used it instead and were pleased with the way it turned out - a quiet floor with no flex.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.