Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Facilities

Options
         New to site and hoping for some guidance. I am a new home owner and have a 50 year old American Standard boiler with convection radiators throughout the house built into the walls. I am looking at upgrading my boiler to a Peerless and would like to replace the convection radiators with Runtal wall mounted units. To save some money I would like to remove the old units before installing the new Boiler. Any thoughts on a Peerless boiler? How would I drain the system to remove the old convection radiators?Do I need to drain it inorder to do this? Could I disconnect a couple of them and reconnect the boiler to work while I replace them? Apologize for the long wind. Any help would be great

Thanks

Comments

• ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    peerless and wall hung rads

is this a steam system that you want to replace? are runtal wall hung rads rated for steam? if you are going to replace steam with hot water then just prepipe everything then just install boiler afterwards switching to hot water you do not want to reuse the old steam piping since hot water runs at a higher pressure then steam also you do not want to put the wall hung rads in the cavities that the convectors sit in
This discussion has been closed.