Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

BNI group.

Options
kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
Any guys out there belong... or used to belong? pros and cons? Was there a cost/ fee? ty,kpc

Comments

• Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options

I belonged to one in Stamford, CT for a couple of years when I was doing sales work. I was also an area rep for BNI. Since I'm just doing service and training I have no need for it now.

BNI is the kind of thing that works well, if you are in a good, active group. And some businesses seem to get more out of it than others. I was doing commercial sales which made it tough to get leads.

It's definitely worth a visit. and there may be more than one group in your area, so check them all out. There is a cost. Don't remember what it was, but I don't think it was too steep.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,924
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Like any group............................

Its what you make of it.  I was in for almost 2 years and I did make some solid permanent connections. However, the group I was in was quite cliquey and political.  It wasn't cheap either.  and, if you don't have a BIG personality, you probably won't like it, because you are forced to speak and mingle.  Overall I was glad I did it, but I wouldn't do it again.  Mad Dog
This discussion has been closed.