Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

question for heating professionals

bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
Lets say I am a home owner and I am looking at buying a high efficiency gas boiler system from you. what are the top three reason I should go and buy the job from you?

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    That decision

That decision would be up to you after you had a chance to see my estimate versus the competitions. My estimate would have more then one choice for you to make. It would include that I have done a room by room heat loss of your home and that I calculated, using your existing radiation, a proper heating curve. Those will also give me the necessary tools to show you savings and payback. 

Then we get into the options. I provide you with the benefits each system type and hydronic products I choose for you. From there it's your choice as to which option you choose and I am there to anwser any questions you may have. Heck I'll even tell you to visit heatinghelp.com to get unbias advice. You have to separate yourself from the competition. When taking this approach I find that it allows the customer to really start comparing what services they are going to get from you that are different then the competition.

I think your first impression and what you do in the home on that visit is what generally tells the homeowner if they want you or not. The estimate may in some cases be second.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Check this out...

As Dan has said a cajillion times, "It pays to wander off the Wall"

http://www.heatinghelp.com/article/182/The-Business-of-Heating/219/One-Hundred-Reasons

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • CMadatMe
    Powerful

Now that is creative and powerful.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • CMadatMe
    Powerful

Now that is creative and powerful.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Your last line........

...says it all, Chris. 
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
This discussion has been closed.