Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil to Gas Boiler!!

Options
Angie
Angie Member Posts: 2
Hi there!

I own a rental property in downtown Lancaster.  It is an old building--(probably 100 years old) and has 3 floors and a basement, with 2 (1 Bedroom) apartments on each floor.  The building has a common oil fired furnace (and yes, I pay the heat bills--yikes!).  I got quotes for the following - 

Burnham APL150N-L02 150,000 BTU (95% efficiency, mod/con) --most expensive

Peerless PF140 140,000 BTU Series (95% eff,  mod/con) - mid range

Burnham PVG6NI-TS 175,000 BTU Gas Boiler (87% efficiency) - least expensive

Which one should I go with??  Cost is certainly a concern but I don't want to go with the cheapest one if it will cost significatly more in gas bills.  

Need help!!!

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Cas Conversion:

depending on how old your boiler is and what condition, and you may need to replace or reline your chimney, have you looked into using a gas conversion burner? Like a Carlin EZ-Gas? 
  • Angie
    Angie Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Oil to Gas Boiler

This boiler is VERY old and needs to be fully replaced...would have considered it if it were this old.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    What kind of

radiation do you have in the building. If it is very old does it have new windows, insulation etc. These things should be considered along with the reputation of the contractor.

Was a heat loss done on the building? With the proper installation and all things being considered the Alpine would be the best way to go. Highest efficiency also highest cost. Being in Lancaster you are right near their factory so I am sure you will get good service.
This discussion has been closed.