Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Exchanger ID help...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Wallies, I have a situation where I am trying to locate performance charts/data for a couple of flat plate (brazed) heat exchangers.

One of them is a Flat Plate brand exchanger. In googling the company name, I find that they have been sold to another company, and there is no data available for the exchanger. See attached photo.

The other is an FPBHXer that is from Sweden. It has a T on the label, which I thought might be a Triangle Tube exchanger, except that they are made in Belgium, not Sweden. I then thought maybe it is a Tranter, but a search of their web site was unhelpful. See photo for it as well.

Both of these exchangers are in service up in Oregon (Breitenbush Hot Springs Resort and Conference Center) if that is helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    edited February 2011
    One down, one to go...

Thanks and a tip of the hat to Gary Jansen for providing the information needed on the Flat Plate heat exchanger.

I'm thinking that the other one may be a Delta T instead of a Triangle T...

Thanks for helping.

BTW, that is a L before the model number on the Swedish exchanger.

Model L 25-80

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Getting Closer....

It was made by a company named Tau Power (Thanks Richard Marantz!!)

However, this company has been sold numerous times and is now owned by Danfoss.

So, if anyone still has a Tau Power catalog, I would certainly appreciate any information you can provide.

Thanks!

ME
This discussion has been closed.