Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Raypak Radiant Heating System

AFSOC
AFSOC Member Posts: 2
I'm some what new to radiant heating but have a massive mechanical back ground with other type of heating systems.  I have a question on what kind of trouble shooting I can do and if my Raypak radiant heating system needs some kind of purging to keep the system from building up any heat traps or pressure build up?  Most of my rooms maintain there temperature but my grand babies room seems to be colder than the rest by 7 to 8 degree's.  I was wondering if there is a service I need to perform to make sure everything is working properly and accordingly?  My house is 2030 SF in size and have radiant heat throughout the whole house with 7 temp controls.  It's located in my garage in which it's insulated and maintains 52 degree's throughout the winter.  Can anybody help out a military vet in need of some answers, THANKS??? 

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    questions

are the cold rooms running... ie, are the pipes or floor warm, but they just aren't keeping up?

are any zone valves or pumps running those particular zones operational? can you see them turn on/off with heat demands?

chances are always good it was air, in which case a purge may be necessary, but there are many possibilities.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • RobbieDo
    RobbieDo Member Posts: 131
    How long

Has the system been installed, do you have manifolds for the loops? How long are the loops, what type of radiant tubing is installed. How are they zoned, pumps or zone valves.
    Rob
  • AFSOC
    AFSOC Member Posts: 2
    Purging the System

Trying to figure out when is the best time to purge your radient heat system so that it will run efficient as possible.  QUESTION:  Is there something I need to do when spring time comes around and I'm no longer in need of using my radient heat?  What are the step processes in purging the system so that I don't damage anything?
  • RobbieDo
    RobbieDo Member Posts: 131
    Again

Do you have manifolds? If you do, on the end of them there should be a valve to purge air out. Do you have an expansion tank, if so where is it located, pumping away for air scoop? Need to know more about the system to help you, thanks.
    Rob
This discussion has been closed.