Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High efficieny gas and programmable thermostats

Options
ed_c
ed_c Member Posts: 3
I just converted from oil to gas. I put in a Burnham Alpine burner with 40 gallon indirect hot water megastore tank. Everything working well except it was always hotter in the house than the thermostat setting (thermostat set to 62 it stayed at 69). Initially the plumber that intalled the system said the problem was with th thermostat (Honeywell 5-1-1 programmable rth2410). he put in a basic thermostat but that didn't solve the problem. They kept working at it and finally discovered the problem was with the programming of the new boiler--- didn't handle priority zone correctly. I'm not sure I know what this all means but now everything is working fine except they still say there is a problem with the thermostat interfacing with a high efficiency(something about the thermostat also handles A/C-- which I don't have but cause problems. They said they will look into what type of programmable thermostat will work with this system and get it for me. I was wondering if this is a known issue and if anyone know what type of programmable thermostat I can get to interface correctly. I don't really doubt the plumbers as I'm holding onto a good bit of their money for doing the job and they have always responded promptly--- and indeed told me to hold onto themoney until everything is working well. Bottom line I guess is a recommendation for a programmable thermostat that will work with this system.

Thanks

ED

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,621
    Options
    Ed I am checking with my contact at

Burnham to get an answer for you. I( will post it as soon as I hear from him.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Sage Control

The Sage control was developed by Burnham and Honeywell. It is Red Link capable. I would suggest a Honeywell Programmable Thermostat that has Red Link. You can also add the Honeywell phone module to this boiler to give you the ability to call up the thermostat. The control platform is Honeywell based.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
This discussion has been closed.