Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heritage fireplace

Options
Swamp
Swamp Member Posts: 1
hello i helped a friend by a stove off kijiji turns out its natural gas not propane the company whom made it are out of business . it is set to run on natural gas orfice but they need it for propane. Natural gas is not available. Can you please help the model number is heritage model fs2000gvn vin 232 583  a 25,000 btu. where can i get an orfice for this stove is there a conversion kit available. any help please thanks April

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Nat/LP gas fireplace:

If you can not get the proper conversion kit, you may not be able to install this unit. It has a UL listing and it must be "listed" for conversion to LP use. If you do not have the installation instructions listing a conversion kit, it may be illegal to install it.

You or the owner can do whatever you want in installing this unit. Someone could suffer serious health consequences by installing this improperly.

I personally, even if I knew, I would not give you ANY information on converting this unit for fear of assuming some liability for anything that went wrong. This is a very bad idea. Most of the fireplace gas logs are NOT convertable.

Work oin this at your own peril.

Yesterday, on the news, five teenagers died in Miami, FL in a hotel room with a garage under the room. It seems they may have been having trouble with their car so they left it running. Someone went looking for them and they were all found asleep/dead. Don't F with CO. Not EVER.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I would contact a company that

both sells Propane and services equipment. Many times they will have literature on older equipment which will tell you if it is convertible.

I would strongly advise against doing this yourself. As someone who has been involved with the gas industry for over 50 years please take my advice.

If the unit has a pilot that also must be converted and failure to do that properly can cause explosive situations.
This discussion has been closed.