Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

EZ-Gas burner by Carlin

hollywd
hollywd Member Posts: 9
Having a problem with my burner! Occasionally my heater will not restart . Red  light is on controller ,so I push it and it starts back up . This is a problem in Alaska as right now I have a frozen loop on my in floor heating. I had a tech do a check and go thru heater a start of season. What could be wrong ?possibly the controller or ignitor. Doesn't happen alot but is annoying , wondering if you are going to have heat when you get home from work.Any suggestions or solutions, thanks for any help 

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Gas Carlin's:

I don't know a lot about them but if it uses a 602000 or some *02000 control, check the Ohm readings on the 'F-F" terminals when it is running. If the Ohms are high, like over 1200, it may not be "seeing" enough light. It may need an adjustment of the air/fuel ratio. On oil burners, if you have 1200+ ohms and sraft is a problem, changing the color of the flame, it may drop out. It usually will try to restart and you wouldn't know it. Only if it either doesn't start, or starts and stops three times in a row will it cut out.

You are in Alaska. You use LP gas. Is there any possibility that it happens when it is cold and the liguid gas isn't vaporizing? A drop in gas pressure could do this. If you have a "bullet" horizontal tank, it shouldn't be a problem. But if it is an upright cylinder, there may not be enough space to boil. Where are the freeze lines on the tanks? The colder it gets, the harder it is to vorize the liquid into a gas.
  • hollywd
    EZ-Gas burner by Carlin

Thanks Ice Sailor for the post, I am on natural gas. I was thinking it might be a power issue. We have power swings when it gets windy around here , but can't prove it. Was thinking about putting a UPS before the heater to smooth out surges and brown outs?It it a 602000FR363S and will check ohms when it is running ,thanks for that.It doesn't go into latch -up, just lockout.
  • icesailor
    Latch-up-Lock out:

Latch-up, Lock out, it's all the same. The lock out is for us poor oil guys who have someone hit the reset for days and hope for a miricle.  Ask them, how many times did you try the reset button? Once or twice. OK. I try it. No ignition. Fix it up. Fire it off. BANG!!! Out comes the RC (wasn't screwed in), flame and smoke everywhere. The owner runs for the stairs. How long has this thing not been running? Three days. How many times did you hit the re-set button? Once or twice? What, once or twice every few minutes? Well, maybe not that often.

Yeah, right.
  • icesailor
    60200 Carlin Control:

The high ohms has nothing to do with incoming power voltage. It has to do with the resistance of the flame control circuit. If you look on the control, you will see something about 1600 Ohms. That is the amount of resistance or lack there of where it will trip out. If the flame is too weak, the resistance will be over 1600 ohms and the control will stop the burner.
  • hollywd
    EZ-Gas burner by Carlin

Thanks again icesailor, Once and it fired right up and about a month ago same thing once and it fired up.Had a tech dial in the air percentage ,drilled hole thru exhaust and measured.It just screwed me up with loop freezing,just hoping pipe is alright when it thaws out!
  • heatingguy
    heatingguy Member Posts: 3
    EZ Gas

There is no FF on the gas control 60200-02FR. The FR stands for flame rod and you dont use OHMS to check flame signal you need a 3.5mm stereo jack to plugg into the control and a ammeter that will do DC microamps. Looking to be above 0.8 ua
This discussion has been closed.