Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless High Efficiency Boiler

catcher24
catcher24 Member Posts: 2
Just a home owner asking a question. I have a hot water baseboard heating system. I am considering replacing my old boiler, which is starting to "tea kettle" pretty loudly, especially with the current tax credit available. I have spoken with a local contractor and was impressed with the time he took to come out, measure, put together a proposal and get back to me. He has proposed installing a high efficiency Peerless PF-80. I am sure that some (many?) of the professionals who frequent this site have had experience with this unit and am just hoping to get some comments - good or bad - about the advantages/disadvantages of said unit.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,366
    Haven't Installed Any

Your biggest concern is your choice of contractor, not your choice of equipment.

A good installer will can take almost any boiler and give you a reliable system. An incompetent one will mess up the best boiler made.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • catcher24
    catcher24 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks

Bob - Thanks for the reply and for your comment. I'm pretty confident in the contractor I hired. He's well known and has been in business in my area for about 35 years, so I'm hoping for the best kind of result.
This discussion has been closed.