Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heatmaker H-series locks out

none
none Member Posts: 16
Hello I have a Heatmaker H-series gas boiler that locks out<span style="color:#2200c1"><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> occasionally</span><span style="color:#000000">  </span>

especially when it gets cold out, Its natural gas supplied and heat only,</span>

<span style="color:#2200c1">Its been fine until last night when the temparture was in the single digits, I shut the boiler off for a bit, changed the igniter because I had a spare, the igniter was fine but what the heck, then turned it back on and it worked ok until sometime in the middle of the night, then it locked out again, Get up at 5 this morning shut the power off turn it on, I guess that resets the lockout and so far its hasn't lockout yet, One more thing I changed out the expansion tank last spring and bleed the system but I have to admit I just checked the tank and there isn't any water in the top of the tank when I tapped it with a coin. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated, I tried calling a couple of service men today to come over but they are too busy today.</span>

<span style="color:#2200c1">Thank David</span>

Comments

• Heatmaker H-series

Check your system pressure,, I believe they had a small pressure sensor switch wired to lock-it out if it was too low.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    That is my e-mail address that

someone is using illegally. I would be careful answering any thing that is like that.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    I have contacted

Dan so he is aware of this activity. I am sure it will be corrected in due time.
This discussion has been closed.