Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiators on the basement level

Options
Hello,

Two out of five radiators on the basement level do not work. The other three radiators in the basement and all other radiators on the first and second floor work fine. When I bleed them, the pipe at the entrance side starting to be worm. the The boiler is located on the basement level, and the pipes connected to those two radiators run in the ceiling and go down to each radiator. I tried to set the circulating pump to work constantly even when the boiler is off, in the beginning it did not help, but after few days the radiators started to work, but stooped after few hours. I looks like it has something to do with the water pressure in the system that prevent the water in those two radiators to flow.

Any idea what can be the problem?

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Radiators:

System pressure has nothing to do with radiators in a cellar. Second floor maybe in some cases but not here.

Tell us more. Did this just happen or has someone done something to the system recently to cause this?

More info needed.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    is this

a monoflow tee system?  if so you need to use 2 when the rads are below the main.
This discussion has been closed.