Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Panel Pro Plus

Options
CMadatMe
CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
Has anyone used the attached material for joist applications? Likes, Dislikez, Do's, Don'ts? Couldn't find any info on it other than this sales sheet.
"The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    As a suspicious non-professional ...

I would worry about the panel staying in place over the life of the building. In some of their pictures, they seem to rely on the springyness of the panel to hold it in place (the joists do not seem to be grooved, for example (nor would I recomemnd that)). So as the panels age, especially with pex with hot water in it nearby, they may lose their springyness and fall out.

Now maybe this will not happen. But as a cynic, ... .
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Fiberglass still used

The illustrations show fiberglass batts being used under the panels. I would think the fiberglass insulation would keep the panels from falling out. I imagine it would help retain heat on staple up but would like to see some documentation to prove its effectiveness.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Go to thier web site

Big pusher of radiant barriers.   Also could not find any predicted r values on products.

As most of us know after a period of time in the apps they are specifying for the radiant panel pro. Dust will kill any radiant benefit. May as well use foil faced fiberglass insulation.

Gordy
This discussion has been closed.