Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Are any of you using Watts Flexplate graphite heat distribution material?

My wife and I have a  tiled floor over a 38" crawl space in our geodesic dome home that we would like to install a staple up system under. The configuration of the floor joists makes the use of aluminum plates pretty labor intensive. If the Watts graphite material is anywhere near as effective as its advertising implies than it looks like a great possible route for us to take.'

Are any of you using the product or know anyone else that has used it?

Thanks for any informed replies,

Hugh

Comments

• Hugh Mason
    Hugh Mason Member Posts: 24
    Still seeking info

One bump before giving up. If you don't  want to "broadcast" a reply just email me directly and I promise to not quote you.

Thanks for any feedback on this product.

Hugh
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Check with John Sweeney at Watts Radiant

Granted, they represent the product, but I am sure he can give you the names of contractors who have applied it.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    At this point....

I have not used it and the only person who I thing has experimented w/ it was Hot Rod Rohr. Seemed to be an OK product,  just don't think it is readily available to everyone .... and it would also seem that supply houses everywhere don't want to stock stuff unless it will fly off the shelves.
  • Hugh Mason
    Hugh Mason Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for that much

I emailed HotRod but did not receive a response. It's amazing that no one seems to

have any experience with the product.

Hugh
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Too new to rate...

That stuff has not been on the N.A. market all that long. Looks like an interesting concept for sure.

There are numerous carbon fiber based products, some which incorporate Eutectic Salt Phase Change materials as well, that I learned about from the annual RPA conference..

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.