Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What's your favorite staple gun?

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
And do you prefer pneumatic? Electric? Manual?

Thanks in advance.
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    My favorite stapler...

Shows up for work on time. Doesn't do drugs. Has a clean driving record. Never drinks during business hours......

Oh, THAT kind of stapler :-)

Take 2.

My favorite pneumatic staple GUN never miss fires. It NEVER hits the tubing. It automatically avoids the possibility of hitting the head of a nail/screw causing the staple to U tube back into the bottom of the tubing (seriously, seen it happen more than once).

My fav is a Carlson, followed by Bostitch. You use to be able to get a modified tip/nose for both of these that allows the gun to "ride" on the tubing. You will still have inadvertent tube hits tho. That's what happens when you are on the fly.

I think Uponor and others offer these modified devices.

Wear safety goggles at all times...

Tried the Mangone manual gun a long time ago, and the guys said it gave them carpel tunnel syndrome from having to pull the trigger so many times...

Never tried an electric.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Thanks, Mark.

I've only used the pneumatic guns, too, but am in the market for a new one now and thought I'd ask.

I'll take a look at the Carlson...
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
This discussion has been closed.