Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is low water cutoff required?

dugan127
dugan127 Member Posts: 3
Our boiler quit and the company we hired to fix left us with only the water maker circuit working and no low water cutoff. They said the aquastat was bad so we told them to replace it, after they replaced it they said the LWC was shot as well as a transformer. They never checked LWC before they made aqaustat  decision they said there was no way to test it. They blew up a new transformer while I watched so I'm not sure they had a clue what they were doing. They left boiler hooked up so water heater would work but didn't have time or part to fix other problems. The company said we don't need a LWC  thats why they left it off ,is this correct , we live in NY by the way. Is it possible they blew original transformer and LWC trying to hook up aquastat? I didn't watch all day so I don't know what happened. We just got a bill for hooking up aquastat but they only hooked up water heater zone and no heating zones, $458 and no heat just doesn't seem right plus another $400 or so extra  for rest of parts still  needed. Sorry I'm ranting just not happy. 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.