Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 371

dbefus
dbefus Member Posts: 2
My tekmar 371 died. We had several power outages. I have checked the fuse on the circuit board and it is good. Any Suggestions?

Comments

• dbefus
    dbefus Member Posts: 2
    I should add...

Yes the power is on.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Put your nose right next to the control.....

and take a whiff. Does it smell of acrid smoke? If yes, it's fried.

Solid state electronics do not like surges, man made or otherwise. I've seen holes the size of a silver dollar burnt through boards on tekmar before.

Sorry I don't have better news for you. There are no internal fuses or circuit breakers.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Surges, fuses, and solid state electronics.

When I used to design electronic equipment, we had a saying: the transistor acts to protect the fuse. This was because a transistor can be fried by a one microsecond surge, while a fuse tends to take much much longer to blow. A fuse can perhaps protect against long-term overloads, and is a good safety measure for a system to protect the building it is in, but it will almost never protect the electronic equipment itself. For that you need good wiring and a suitable surge protector.
This discussion has been closed.