Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

www.spokeo.com

Options
Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Spookie what's public information out there...

I put Barak Obama in and his address on Pennsylvania Ave came up. In the area of Politics, it said "Not interested in Politics"

Check it out.

ME
It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.

Comments

• Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    Options
    bummer

Turns out I don'thave any children, but my home is worth more than 1-million, but it's in a lousy neighborhood! Reminds me of the old game Go Fish(G). Got any fives?
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Eek.

Spooky....o.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Amazing

How the internet can find stuff out about us. My name does not come up, but my wife, father,mother,and brother do. Funny part is my mother, and father have never used the internet.

How in the hell was the dwelling pics done. 360 degree view of the whole hood. You can even look up at the sky, and down at the ground. Even scroll up, and down the street.

Gordy
  • Mark Eatherton
    Options
    Google Street View

Tecknawlagy, ain't it sumpthin...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Street_View
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Ya

Its sumptin all right. Sometimes I think it cripples society. There will come a day if not already for some people where they can not function with out some of it. How many people can still read an actual map with all the navigation technology, carry on daily with out their cell phone.

I guess what I mean is that sometimes things that make life's tasks easier, can also make life's tasks harder by dumbing us down if these technologies were suddenly gone for what ever reason. Not saying we don't benefit from technology, but sometimes its helpful to remember how things use to be done as a backup.  People born into this revolution don't have that benefit.

I use to tease my wife when she came up with reasons why our daughters needed cell phones when they first got their license. What if they run out of gas. I said well when I did, and had to walk I made sure I had gas in the tank after that. Needless to say I was over ruled on the cell phones.

Gordy
  • Dave Yates (GrandPAH)
    Dave Yates (GrandPAH) Member Posts: 281
    Options
    like making change

Making change was standard practice in a variety of jobs while growing up - pre digital age(G). We counted out the change as it was handed to customers too, seldom done these days.

Once got a chuckle observing a clerk struggling to calculate change when the power failed during a transaction.

I use Bing for solar pre-qualification using the "birds eye" view & the fly-by 360-degree feature is cool. But, it's also a bit freaky to be able to zoom in so close with that level of detail. Big brother, and your local contractor, are indeed watching!
  • Mark Eatherton
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Addicted to digital....

Yeah, count me amongst them.

When the battery goes dead on my PDA, I quit functioning :-)

Fortunately, that usually occurs about Friday night for the most part.

God forbid if there is ever a electromagnetic pulse bomb is set off any where near me. I would seize up immediately....

ME
This discussion has been closed.