Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant staple gun?

For laying radiant (1/2" O2 barrier Pex) pipe on a plywood subfloor, what type of affixing system do you use? The company I work for uses Bostitch staples with a Bostitch staple gun (I think the SX150) with a modified safety guide that straddles the pipe. It's fast to load, fast to install, and convenient. Are the Peter Mangone's good?
Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber

Comments

• mike parnell
    mike parnell Member Posts: 42
    staple gun

While installing pex for my house I was using a Stapler and staples I purchased for a previous job, from American Radiant in Conn, had great luck with it till I ran out of staples,found the same looking staples ,plastic with two nails on each side, the stapler keep jamming with the Home Depot staples, so I bought a Home Depot stapler, broke it in about 20 minutes, I had concrete coming in the am , went back to HD returned the stapler,and bought two more, they both broke that nite,not a happy camper, with a lot of argravation got the pex down before the concrete truck showed up ,a 6am trip to another HD for 2 more staplers, bought the last 2 last nite at the first store .Next Day called American Radiant and ordered 10 more boxes of staples,there gun and staples work great together, good luck with your project.....Mike
This discussion has been closed.