Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mr Hall

Options
RAF
RAF Member Posts: 65
I thought you would like to hear this.

Two Pipe Bang is fixed :-)

The fix was not to raise the equalizer pipe running to the false water line but the removal of the equalizer to the false water line and the installation of a vapor-stat

As it turns out this is a vapor system it seems to be a cross between a Arco Model K and a Hoffman system.

The only trouble now is the system seems to short cycle but the burner is down fired as low as I can go so I will have to live with that for now.

Thanks Again for your help on this. Rich

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    Options
    2-pipe bang silenced

in regard to short-cycling, are you letting the air out as quickly as possible? inadequate venting is the primary cause of short-cycling at low pressures, unless your boiler is over-sized.--nbc
  • RAF
    RAF Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Yes

This customer had her a/c contractor replace the boiler about 10 years ago there were a number of problems with this install incorrect near boiler piping the lowering of the water line and so on.

My guess is the boiler is one maybe two sections to large and I am sure  2 Gorton 2's would be a better setup than a #75 Hoffman .

But my company just comped about a Grand of piping work to this job thats enough for now.

There is just some things this owner is forced to live with unless they are willing to invest a lot more money. Very unfortunate this should have been done correctly Ten Years Ago.

Thanks For Your Input  Rich
This discussion has been closed.